Thursday, December 31, 2009

Henry Ford Museum trip

Kevin:

Several former students of mine are or have been employed by the Henry Ford Museum or Greenfield Village, which is unsurprising as HFCC is only a mile or two away. One of those students has visited my office quite often in the several semesters since he passed one of my writing courses. He has discussed his job with me on numerous occasions, and he was kind enough to bring me four Employee Guest passes last spring. Tiffany and I took Allison to Greenfield Village over the summer, and we decided to pay a visit to the Henry Ford Museum yesterday (after I discovered that the passes expire at the end of the year!).

The museum is currently featuring the Lego Castle Adventure exhibit, which Allison quite enjoyed. We saw only a fraction of the museum, but plan to get annual passes in the future as the girls grow up, so I'm not to worried about that!

I must let my former student know how much we appreciated his kindness. We had a great time!


Tiffany (22 weeks pregnant) and Allison by the Lego knight


Allison reading books in a comfy chair in a corner of the exhibit


An awesome red Lego dragon!


Allie and Daddy, smiling in apparent obliviousness of the ferocious beast behind them

No comments: